Born in Wiltshire (England) 1995.
Lives and works in London
Nell Nicholas is a young British artist . Her practice revolves around drawing, collage and paintings, which she uses to investigate the relationship between people and their surrounding.
Painting usually on a large scale, she creates interior scenes rich in details and layers. Every object on the canvas seems to have his own story: artworks, furniture, ancient vases, tapestry, everything tells the story of someone who isn’t represented in the paintings.
-Foundation Diploma in Art & Design – FALMOUTH UNIVERSITY – Distinction
-1st Year of Art History & Philosophy Degree at UCL
-BA Fine Art Scholar at City & Guilds of London Art School – 2015-18 – 1ST Class Honours
-Winner of the Award for Outstanding Work in Final Degree Show
-Runner Up Art Monthly Thesis Award
-Winner of the Royal Fishmongers Hall Menu Cover Design Prize
-Clyde & Co LLP Art Award
-Recent Graduates exhibition at the Affordable Art Fair
-Idun Ravndal Travel Award – Iceland
– 2015 Ten week residency at Cyprus College of Art, Cyprus
– 2016 Artist in Residence at Marble House Project, Vermont
– 2017 Pint of Science, London
– 2017 resident artist on Usumacinta River Canoe Journey, Mexico
– 2019 Artist in Residence at Horatio’s Garden, Salisbury Hospital
– 2019 LSI Residency & Exhibitions at Slade School of Fine Art & Camden Arts Centre
– City & Guilds of London Art School Degree Show 2019
– Recent Graduates Exhibition at the Affordable Art Fair 2019
– Hackney Wicked 2019
– Camden Arts Center Group SUMMER Show 2018
MARCH 2021 – SOLO SHOW – MONTI8 GALLERY, ITALY